Sunday, April 29, 2012

You are going where?

So I'm heading over to Birmingham for the final home game vs Spurs and to also play in the Chairmen's game on the same day.  Telling friends here in the U.S. where and why I am traveling to Birmingham is always an adventure.  Those who are football fans totally get it and are excited for me.  Some say, "Aston what?".  While others might say, "Interesting."  The way I see it, it is a once in a lifetime opportunity - to play on the Villa Park pitch!
-----
On another note - I wonder how hard would it be to connect more with the U.S. Lions Clubs?  Obviously, the geographic differences make meeting up regularly impossible.  Do we talk about doing someone annually?  It is great to hear about all of the activity that this summer's tour is creating all across the U.S.  Looking forward to creating great U.S. hospitality for our Villa lads.

No comments:

Post a Comment