Sunday, July 15, 2012

Portland is Drawing Near

It is the eve of the start of the U.S. Tour for Villa.  It is amazing to read about the planning and activities that have been planned for by other U.S. Lions Club chairmen with AVFC.  Out tour stop is Portland Oregon.  Because there isn't a Lions Club in Oregon, our club - AVFC California - has stepped up to take a lead role in planning activities for Villa supporters coming to Portland.  The pleasant surprise in taking the plunge on this event,  I have encountered so much support and cooperation from AVFC marketing staff, Portland Timbers marking staff, The Timbers Army, our own AVFC California members, and all the Villa supporters on Facebook.  

I am feeling a little nervous about it all as it draws closer.  Will it be an enjoyable time for all?  Have I gotten to far over my head?  Should I be doing more?  At this point, I really don't have enough time to plan anything additional.  Its time to just let it happen and the Claret and Blue spirit will take over.  This is AVFC California's first "formal" meet-up other than at our pubs on match day.  Gonna have to figure out a creative way to have members wear name tags that have some Villa spirit.  I guess I do still have some thinking and work to do before the 24th!  UTV!


No comments:

Post a Comment